Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Transformers: Prime Deluxe Class Arcee Part 1

Double Arcee, again, sort-of

As previewed in the previous posting, a new double feature review series starts with this posting, and with this Transformers figure. ^^


"Transformers: Prime" Deluxe Class Arcee
Production company: Hasbro
Release date: October 2011
Price: US$11.99
Merchandise link

From the "Transformers: Prime" cartoon series, this is the "First Edition" version of Arcee, in Deluxe Class format. ^^ As one of nine characters to receive the "First Edition" treatment, I got Arcee as part of the bundled set with Voyager Class Optimus Prime, which I reviewed more than three years ago. ^^ I also got Starscream, and Cliffjumper, but as individual figures instead. Much later after getting those three, I bought Voyager Class Bulkhead as well.

From review videos of the two versions that I watched, this "First Edition" version of Arcee features a more involved transformation design as compared to her subsequent Robots in Disguise self. Then again, that difference seems accurate for all the "First Edition" releases versus their Robots in Disguise versions. ^^ Since toys and other hobby collectibles usually come late to my place, the Robots in Disguise line was already out in other countries when I was about to get this version of Arcee, so I actually got to see comparison of the two versions before my actual purchase. ^^ For the difference in transformation design as mentioned just now, I chose this "First Edition" version.

And that decision was almost like a no-brainer to me at that time. ^^

On a separate note, there was a bit of "market" pressure to obtain this "First Edition" version of Arcee after her Robots in Disguise version came out, which prompted me to get her the moment she was available. Many fans were holding out on getting their "Transformers: Prime" Arcee because they were waiting to see if the Robots in Disguise version was going to exceed their expectations. When it did get released, I think many fans ended up with the same conclusion that I had back then, and decided to go for the first release. ^^; I know many were looking for this "First Edition" version at that moment, which lead to her becoming an expensive collector item on local forums. ^^;

It was quite sometime later that I appreciate the Robots in Disguise version's depiction of the character, molded color, and even its simpler transformation sequence that made me decided to get that version as well, but I suppose I'll save my comments about her till the next posting when she'll be featured more prominently. ^^

On the subject of doing a double feature, I recall doing one for the Arcee sisters from the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" movie line back in late 2012. ^^ It seems that Arcee is the Transformers equivalence of Saber for my action figure series, and Lunamaria Hawke for my fixed figurine series. ^^ I keep on buying the same character when there's a new version of it being released. XD


Like Starscream, and Cliffjumper, Arcee came packaged in her alternate mode.


Product label.


A large 3D character illustration of Arcee from the cartoon series is shown on the top corner of the backdrop.


The large, silver "First Edition" label spread out on the left side of the backdrop can be seen on that of Starscream, and Cliffjumper as well.






In her alternate mode, the entire figure of Arcee can be seen very easily through the clear shell.


Package side designs.



The image on the bottom face of the package shows a display platform is included for you to display the figure with.


A simple design for the back of the package.


Arcee in robot mode is shown.


Difficulty of transformation (?) is at Intermediate (2) level. ^^


(Left) Promo for Deluxe Class Bumblebee, and Starscream.
(Right) The same image of Optimus Prime and his Autobots comrades from the anime series as seen on "First Edition" Voyager Class Optimus Prime's box is repeated here.




Comparison with the box of Voyager Class Optimus Prime.


Package open.


Package content.


Arcee in alternate mode on the plastic tray.







Closeups on the details.


Bottom view of the tray.





Closeups on the details.





The cleaned backdrop, and the front cover.


The same folded paper display base that is included with Starscream, and Cliffjumper. ^^


The instruction sheet.




The front page of the instruction sheet shows Arcee's sport bike-to-robot transformation sequence ...




... while the rear page shows the reverse. ^^



Straight out of plastic tray Arcee. ^^

As part of this double feature, an introduction of the Robots in Disguise version of Arcee will be up next. ^^

No comments: