Monday, October 18, 2010

Yamato's Hattori Kiriko Ninja Ver.

Just behind windows ^^;

Slipping in a huge (literally) dosage of cutie amidst the work on HGM 1/550 Dendrobium. ^^


This is Hattori Kiriko Ninja Ver. (艶華王道 ダイ☆ショーグン 服部霧子 忍者ver.) from Yamato, which I got since a few months ago. This is the first figurine produced by Yamato in my collection.

I'm very excited about this figurine since the display of the prototype in May last year. Being a great admirer of Shunya Yamashita's work, I find this particular figurine very hard to resist (among many other featuring character design by him), especially when the size is pretty huge as well. With the height of 340mm, This is the tallest figurine in my very little collection at the moment. The exact scale of the figurine isn't mentioned anywhere on the box.

Back in May last year, I didn't even know her name. ^^; It was 4 months after that that we learned about this figurine's release info. I'm extremely glad that she didn't turn out to be a resin kit release but a completed and painted figurine instead. Initially set for January release, there was an announcement of delay till March back in February, which was pretty agonizing. ^^;

Like all my other figurines, I don't take them out of the box, for concern of dust or any other factor that might ruin the beauty of the figurine. I hate leaving my own fingerprints on very beautiful things like these - that's another major reason as well, which is why I wear gloves every time I take out my 12" RAH Chunli. This is how I treat figurines as a different sect in my hobby. ^^

So, like my 1/8 Haruhi, 1/8 Shenhua, Metamo Figure Haruhi and Excellent Model 1/8 Sheryl Nome, it's just going to be behind the box's windows for the display this time. ^^;




The label of 艶華王道 ダイ☆ショーグン at the bottom of the box.


A few heart-shaped windows on both sides of the box.


The back of the box.




Close-ups on the images behind the box.


Top and bottom view of the box.


Label says, "For ages 15 and up." ^^;













The color of the body suit is of much lighter tone than that in the illustration, which isn't a surprise since that's the image of the completed figurine shown a few months after the initial announcement. I was hoping that the color (purple) would be darker though - identical to the illustration of the character shown on the box. The full color illustration is the reason I made up my mind to pre-order this figurine actually, and the darker shade of purple does have some influence in that.

The face sculpture is just everything I hope for really, very true to the original design by Shunya Yamashita. The sculptor, Yoshizawa Mitsumasa from REFLECT is the person in charge of a few other figurines designed by Shunya and produced by Yamato, including Soryu Asuka Langley announced in early January this year, and many others from the Creators' Labo series. He's really the man for realizing Shunya's illustration obviously. That's exactly why I was very excited when Yamato revealed the plan for a figurine release of Bayonetta back in late July this year and that Yoshizawa Mitsumasa will be in charge of sculpturing it. ^^ That's going to be a release of equal quality as this figurine I believe. ^^

Oops, sidetrack a bit there. ^^; The lips of the figurine are in glossy paint (or lipstick for proper description ^^) with different shades on different parts. That's pretty new to me. ^^ The green pupils are very beautiful, but may seem a little bit funny when you observe them closely over a longer period of time. ^^;

The armors are made with great details as well. The pieces near her neck have the same golden patterns as shown in the illustration. The swords and the display base are on the side and back of the plastic tray respectively (I believe), but since I didn't open the box, I can't really comment on them.

A very impressive figurine. Very expensive, but I really like the character and design. ^^

View full gallery:
Hattori Kiriko Ninja Ver.

4 comments:

LEon said...

How I wished you can open this toy out and do a good photoshoot then you put it back into the package. :)

Jesta said...

You might want to get something like this:
http://www.usadisplay.net/doll12.htm
Glass and plastic cases and cabinets are really the best for figurines and models. I wish I had gotten a real cabinet and not a bookshelf, I have to dust off my models every once in a while.

Ngee Khiong said...

>>LEon

Hohoho~ No way. ^^

>>Jesta

Actually you can also order customized display base from local photo frame or mirror shop. The window display of the box itself suits me fine. ^^

Unknown said...

nice collection, wish own one of this