Thursday, April 29, 2010

RAH Chunli Part 5 [Final]

Gunpla stuff comes in handy

More action poses of RAH 12" Chunli ^^






Like I said in the previous posting, I never felt that just 4 hand units for the figure is too few. Unlike some other action figures, the articulation of Chunli's legs are way more superior thanks to the size, so the legs are extremely expressive in many action poses. There are already plenty of action poses possible with the combination of all the figure's design, not just the hands even though her character is a martial artist.

Also mentioned in the last review, I don't really like the display stand included for the figure. Not that they are bad or too simple, but the problem is on the grip that holds the figure. It's a solid part made of hard plastic, and with no movable clip like that found on Tamashii Nation's Soul Stage display stand series, the way to use the grip is just by sliding part of the figure into it. Hard plastic with sharp edges versus fabric - either Chunli's waist wrap when using the bigger clip, or her pantyhose for the smaller one, the winner is pretty obvious to predict, isn't it? ^^;

For the safety of the fabric, I call upon a much better display stand. ^^


Gunpla stand. ^^



Flexible grip coated with rubber skin, with soft round rubber head that won't harm the part of the figure where it's gripping onto, plus, it has a bendable stand allowing for much better poses in the air. ^^

Never expected something related to Gunpla would come in handy for something like this. ^^




Except for the huge "Gunpla" printed on the base, it seems like a very suitable display stand for 12" action figures eh? ^^

Comparison with Revoltech S.F.O. Chunli:


Kawaii-yo~ ^o^








Comparison with PG Strike Rouge, just for the fun of it. ^^

I super love my RAH Chunli! ^^

That's the best conclusion I can come up with for this action figure. ^^ The overall articulation totally beats the flaws of the arms' parting lines mentioned in Part 2. Since the beauty of her sculpture and painting is what I look for the most on the figure, which I can say, as impressive as I expected, the articulation which came in as second priority totally blew me away. ^^ This is my first 12" action figure, so you can probably imagine the amazement. ^^

If Medicom Toy is really going for it, there are many other versions of Chunli that they can release. I believe she wears different suits in different versions of the game, so the company might use the same body but with different costumes and give her a new release, which I really look forward to seeing, but with great concern for my wallet at the same time. ^^;

Even with this most classical design, the possibility is endless really. Just think about how many choice of color one can pick for Chunli in the game. ^^

The next character I'm really hoping to see being released as a 12" action figure is this one:


I believe Bayonetta would be a great challenge to 12" figure company to design and release. ^^ The hair (especially the hair), the costume, the details, the weapons, and tons of sleek action. Which company will make the first move I wonder, Medicom Toy? Hot Toys? Provided that they can get the license from Sega of course. ^^

All reviews on RAH Chunli:
Part 1: Moeyo + Moeru
Part 2: Medicom Toy's awesome quality
Part 3: Dangerproof action features
Part 4: Spinning Bird Kick!!
Part 5 [Final]: Gunpla stuff comes in handy

View full gallery:
RAH Chunli

No comments: