Wednesday, December 5, 2012

HGUC Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode] Part 7

Standing straight and well, Unicorn Gundam!

More images of the just completed HGUC Unicorn Gundam [Destroy Mode]. ^^











Closeups on the details:






[Head]




[Body]




[Back]






[Arms]






[Weapons]










[Legs]

I have to say, even though its release has been non-stop and through different formats since the debut of "Gundam UC" OVA in March 2010, it's still very exciting for me to see this just completed HGUC model kit. ^^ The splits all over the body that reveal the Psycho Frame is very awesome, even though none of them involve any transformation gimmick. ^^ If the molded line details on the Unicorn Mode's armor parts is its unique feature, then a full-on display of intertwining white armor and clear red Psycho Frame parts is definitely the Destroy Mode's signature attraction point. ^^ Between the two, I think I gravitate towards the latter for its beautiful armor splits and contrasting colors between the parts. Like I said before, no matter how saturated the market is with Unicorn Gundam's merchandises at the moment, it still look really awesome with one in my own hands. ^^

Also, between the two modes, the Destroy Mode is obviously the one that features a Gundam-type face. ^^ I'm pretty sure that's one reason behind my preference for it as well. The huge V-fins are really just icing on the cake. XD

Speaking of the lack of transformation gimmick, it certainly adds a great deal of security to the overall model kit. ^^ I remember the ankle joints of the Master Grade Ver. Ka kit gave me a lot of scary moments when I was taking its pictures, as I always felt that it was going to fall down and break something the moment my hands are off to operate my camera phone. ^^; There's no such thing with this kit. Being a smaller scale High Grade kit and the usage of polycap parts for all the joints certainly have a part to play in the sturdiness of the model kit's standing poses as well. ^^

Security and sturdiness play a much bigger role in the kit's action poses, to be featured in the next posting. ^^

No comments: