Friday, June 21, 2013

Play Arts Kai Catwoman & Others Get

The weird trio

Apart from Play Arts Kai Catwoman, which I mentioned at the beginning of this month, another two female characters-type action figures based arrived recently. ^^





Another Play Arts Kai figure, Lara Croft from "Tomb Raider", and Figma Super Sonico: Tiger Hoodie ver. ^^ Being items I pre-ordered the moment they were made available, the arrival of Catwoman and Super Sonico was well within my expectation after their respective release in Japan. Lara Croft on the other hand, was almost been added to the list of items I'm struggling to get my hands on, like a couple of other collectibles I missed out in the past. ^^; I pondered on the decision of pre-ordering her for just a few days when she was first announced, and when I finally made my decision, she was no longer available. Fortunately, I was able to get an extra unit from a Malaysian hobby store. ^^

Placed together for the group shot above, the three figures do not look like they belong together at all. XD Catwoman and Lara Croft might look like they are somewhat connected due to their realistic-looking character design, but the very anime look and feel of Super Sonico makes her seem completely out of place. ^^ They do have two things in common though: besides being figures I like, they have amazing busts. ^o^

No comments: