Thursday, November 5, 2009

Po*** ***ky

Kagami! Kagami! Wasuremono! Wasuremono!

I must say, I'm quite a fan of "Lucky Star" ^^ The characters are very adorable and I enjoyed the lighthearted jokes very much.

One of the funny things about the anime is the appearance of the same thing over and over again, like the conversation of the girls which always seems to be involving something "stinky" ^^;

And this one of course:



Pocky XD

I've heard about this snack in the past, but never tasted it before (might be quite surprising to many people outside my charming island of Borneo), so when I saw the box with the same name at the supermarket this afternoon, I thought I had to give it a try.

Not quite the one you see in the anime "Lucky Star", but quite close anyway ^^



Pocky says, "Sawatdee Khrab" XD


Unlike the original Pocky, or that as seen in "Lucky Star", the one I got has banana cream on top of chocolate sticks. Then again, there are plenty of flavors for Pocky, so I guess this is just one of them.

As it turns out, the colors are just the opposite of what you get in the anime XD

Anyway, my favorite snack of all time is this:



Danisa Butter Cookies - being eating this since the age of five. ^^

2 comments:

Any-Key said...

I see, those are called Pocky,...I only knew them with the name they are distributed with in Germany, which is 'Mikado'

(Click me for product foto)

Anyways, gotta agree, Lucky Star is just awesome

yunamon said...

Our official Pocky in Malaysia is Rocky...

Because when Glico tried to use the original term here the government forbid it because it sounds too vulgar like the word Pu**... ^^;

Or so I heard... XD