Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hot Toys 1/6 Jill Valentine BSAA Ver. Part 7 [Final]

Gang of blues

The last posting of my review on Hot Toys 1/6 Jill Valentine BSAA Ver. already. ^^

Some more action poses with her handheld weapons:





















In this BSAA Ver., Beretta PX4 Storm handgun seems to be Jill's main weapon, as shown on the box art. For the subsequently released Battle Suit ver., Škorpion vz. 61. sub machine gun takes the limelight, where two are included for Jill to dual-wield. She obviously gets a new left hand unit for holding gun. ^^ Even though the battle suit doesn't allow weapons other than the two said sub machine guns to be mounted onto the figure, pretty much all the guns included in this BSAA version are included for the former. ^^ I'm not very sure how well is the articulation design of the Battle Suit ver. (assuming very little change since it's the same character and main figure body), but Jill's arsenal remains just as rich for tons of weapon poses. ^^

Looking beyond the current Hot Toys releases from the game ("Biohazard") and movie ("Resident Evil"), there are a few characters or changes to certain character that I'm hoping to see get released from the company. Jessica Sherawat from the upcoming Nintendo 3DS game Resident Evil: Revelations, or Biohazard: Revelations, ...


Image is from Resident Evil Wiki.

..., Alice in a new battle suit and Ada Wong played by the lovely Li Bingbing in "Resident Evil 5: Retribution" are all great candidates as future Hot Toys releases. ^^


Image is from Aceshowbiz

Of course there's no information completely as to whether those characters are indeed in Hot Toys plan, but I'm definitely paying a lot of attention to that. When I said that, it sent shivers down my wallet's spine (yeah, my wallet is a sad cowardly creature with spine, that looks very much like me by the way XD)

Lining Jill up with another 12" action figure in my collection: RAH Chunli from Medicom Toy.















Chunli's "comic book" look is a huge contrast to Jill's realistic appearance. ^^ Then again, I think I like Chunli a little bit more than Jill, since I know the former way earlier and like her ever since. ^^ Surprisingly (definitely not for gaming fans), both characters actually share something in common: they come from games released by Capcom. ^^ Crazily enough, you can have them fight against each other in one of the company's "versus" series. ^^


Video clip is from Youtube. Follow this link to the website if you can't see anything.

Never thought that would happen. XD

And just for the sake of it, I'm putting HG 1/144 00 Raiser into the last few pictures of this posting: ^^






In terms of size, the Gunpla is way out of league. ^^;

Definitely a great figure, not much in terms of articulation and posability, but the amount of details on the figure itself, weapons and accessories is just fantastic. This is my first Hot Toys item, and it really set my interest into the company's offerings. ^^ In terms of pricing, it's definitely on the top tier, which is perhaps the biggest factor preventing people who like her to go with the final purchase. Personally, I find it to be a very worthwhile purchase. I really like the character, and the outcome of Hot Toys' craftsmanship and attention to details on this figurine. I'm genuinely impressed with it.

In terms of pricing, it's really nowhere near the craziness of Samurai Predator, which I paid for the pre-order so willingly . ^^; Therefore, I absolutely cannot complain about Jill Valentine's price. ^^;

All reviews on Hot Toys 1/6 Jill Valentine BSAA Ver.:
Part 1: Another "first" before end of the year
Part 2: Overly exposed neck joint
Part 3: All the straps and their hassles
Part 4: Fully loaded
Part 5: 12" action I
Part 6: 12" action II
Part 7 [Final]: Gang of blues

View full gallery:
Hot Toys 1/6 Jill Valentine BSAA Ver.

No comments: