Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Random (114)

Because of nostalgia, that's why

Earlier this month, I got myself an old 1/144 scale Tallgeese II. ^^ I got it mainly because of my liking of the MS, but I must admit that there was a bit of nostalgia factor that influenced my decision then. The old 1/144 scale series of "MS Gundam Wing" and "After War Gundam X" were the starting point for me in this hobby of Gunpla-ing, so not enough at being happy to see an old kit from said series again after all these years, I had to buy it too. ^^

Interestingly, I saw a bunch of old Gundam Wing kits in a large toy store in a local shopping mall last Sunday. ^^ Seeing small-boxed Gunplas in a toy store that doesn't normally carry Japanese hobby goods, I felt like I was back in earlier 2000s on that day. XD

As with that Tallgeese II, seeing the kits wasn't satisfying enough, I went ahead and added them to my collection. ^^


Gundam Deathscythe and Shenlong Gundam.

Disregarding the many kits I have yet to assemble at this point, I have to own these two vintage kits. ^^ I have no idea when I'm going to assemble them, if I do plan on assembling them at all. ^^

In terms of the MS designs, I like their respective upgraded version (Gundam Deathscythe Hell and Altron Gundam respectively) better, and I assembled their kits many, many years ago. Therefore, unlike Tallgeese II, the nostalgia factor is the only reason behind the purchase. ^^




An impulse purchase it was, but I feel no regret at all XD

On the other hand, from a different hobby store, I got this new fella: ^^



HG 1/144 Gundam Fenice Rinascita from "Gundam Build Fighters".

Since Gundam Fenice Rinascita is arguably an "upgraded" version of Wing Gundam, it can be said to have some connection to Gundam Deathscythe and Shenlong Gundam. Then again, when put together as three of my latest Gunpla purchases, it's very obvious that one Of these things is not like the others. XD

No comments: