Thursday, January 28, 2016

S.I.C Kiwami Damashii Kamen Rider Agito Trinity Form Part 1

Triple the form, triple the fun

Moving on to a much smaller-sized but more action-packed (XD) action figure after Figma Kuroneko. ^^


S.I.C Kiwami Damashii Kamen Rider Agito Trinity Form
Production company: Tamashii Nations (Bandai Collectors Division)
Release date: August 2011
Price: 1,200 Yen (exclusive of tax).
Merchandise link

I never finished watching the titular TV series, so I didn't get to see when Kamen Rider Agito "upgraded" to this Trinity Form in the show or the backstory for it. Liking the design of the merchandise was pretty much the only reason I bought this S.I.C. Kiwami Damashii pack in September 2011.

Besides its design, this version of Kamen Rider Agito felt more "worthwhile" to get than its original Ground Form that came out in April 2011 thanks to the extra weapon, if one was able to hold off in getting the latter when it was first released that is. ^^ I was able to do just that as I had to choose between several items to spend money on when the pre-order started for S.I.C. Kiwami Damashii Kamen Rider Agito Ground Form. Even though I do like its design, the figure wasn't a priority for me because of its complete lack of weapon, which is definitely true to Kamen Rider Agito's design, but still rather plain as an action figure. ^^; Eventually, I gave up on it completely.

It was definitely a great news to me when this Trinity Form was announced. It's very much the same Kamen Rider design that I like, but with weapons from his two forms: Flame Saber from the Flame Form and Storm Halberd from the Storm Form included, giving the figure more posability option on top of the usual punching and kicking.

In a way, that preference for this Trinity Form over the first version simply because of the weapons may seem unfounded, since the colors and design between the two are quite different, with the former's asymmetrical look due to the arms being the obvious visual discrepancy. One of the main appeal of Kamen Rider Agito Ground Form is its simple black "suit" design with golden armors, so the colorful arms almost distort that simplicity in a way. ^^ Then again, since the overall design of the figure, including the original Ground Form (Vol. 19), followed the radical image under the S.I.C. line, Kamen Rider Agito's look is very different from its actual TV appearance to begin with. ^^;


If I wanted a Kamen Rider Agito that features look that is loyal to its image in the TV series, I would go with the S.H. Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou version. For a S.I.C. design, I would go with the Vol. 40 that came out in January 2008 instead of the Kiwami Damashii version, since it's bigger and also comes with Machine Tornador. ^^ Not that it's possible, since that S.I.C. set is out of production since a long time ago, ^^; but my point on playability and accessory affecting my purchase decision still stand.

Speaking of Machine Tornador, the transformable bike for Kamen Rider Agito received a S.I.C. Kiwami Damashii release in July 2011. Although it's mainly for the Ground Form, I'm sure this Trinity Form can use it just fine. ^^ A twin set of Flame Form and Storm Form was released as a Tamashii Web Shop limited item in December 2011, with the two weapons being an important selling point with their effect parts. ^^ I'm very happy with the "plain" look of the weapons in this set, so I never bothered to even consider getting the limited set. ^^


A very small overall package it is, the figure and almost all of the accessories included can be seen through the front window.


Simple product label embedded inside the clear pack.








Closer look at the figure and accessories through the front window.



Side and bottom views of the package.




Simple introduction of the figure on the back of the package.





Size comparison between S.I.C Kiwami Damashii Kamen Rider Agito Trinity Form's package and S.H. Figuarts Shadow Moon's box.


Package open.


Content.
Instead of using just clear tapes to hold the figure and accessories in place, there's actually a top cover on the tray for this S.I.C Kiwami Damashii pack. ^^


Front view of the package content.


Front view of the package content without top cover.










Closeups on the content.


Rear view of the package content.




Closeups on the content.


A simple hard paper cutout as the package's backdrop.


Kamen Rider Agito's insignia, red for the Flame Form and blue for the Storm Form are used in the design of the backdrop pattern.


An instruction sheet is stored inside the backdrop between the cards.


The folded instruction sheet




The instruction sheet included shows the package content and configurations for the figure's head crest and weapons.


Straight out of box S.I.C Kiwami Damashii Kamen Rider Agito Trinity Form.

A look at this S.I.C. Kiwami Damashii action figure's accessories and option parts in the next posting. ^^

No comments: