Thursday, September 6, 2012

HG 1/144 G-Exes Jackedge Part 6

Again, that knife...

More images of the just completed HG 1/144 G-Exes Jackedge:










Closeups on the details:





[Head]






[Body]







[Arms and weapons]






[Legs]

Even though I don't really like the simple assembly design of the kit, as mentioned in Part 4, I really like the look of the completed G-Exes Jackedge. ^^ The entirely dark color scheme seems so fitting for its pirate motif. That image is reinforced by the design of some of the components on the model kit itself, namely the "pirate hat" helmet and shoulder armors. ^^ I always view the "original" G-Exes as a high-power customized MS of the White Wolf mainly because of the overall white color scheme and Gundam face, but I never imagined it could be redesigned into such a fierce-looking pirate MS. ^^

I'm on the fence about the knife mounted beneath the beam rifle though. ^^; It's supposedly another supporting element for G-Exes Jackedge's pirate design, but its size is almost too humongous in my opinion. ^^; I guess it was designed to be that long so that the blade's length would exceed the rifle's barrel to become the latter's bayonet, but the rifle's barrel itself is very long. ^^; Instead of making it into a thin rapier or scimitar commonly associated with pirates (which would make the weapon look odd mounted beneath a rifle ^^;), it has to be a knife. ^^; And to match the overall length, the blade itself must be made to be huge as well, and that's perhaps how the design came about. XD

That's not really a knife, it's a fine-tip cleaver. XD I suppose it would look good as a weapon on its own, but I just couldn't get over that off look it has when mounted on the beam rifle. ^^;

Then again, the good thing about the knife's size is ease of painting, a benefit I must acknowledge. ^^





More action poses of this model kit coming up next. ^^

No comments: