Saturday, March 10, 2012

1/100 Zaku Warrior Blaze Wizard & Gunner Wizard Part 9

You want decals? I give you decals;
You want stickers? I give you stickers

Moving on to the last two components of 1/100 scale Zaku Warrior with Blaze Wizard and Gunner Wizard packs, which are a lot simpler than the two weapon packs shown in the previous posting. ^^


Parts of the body.


With the white part on, the painted chest vents aren't very clear to see it seems. ^^;


Separable components of the body before the final assembly.


(Left) Combination of molded and painted black part for the neck area.
(Right) With the light green part attached, the painted area isn't that visible anymore. ^^;



The body unit is completed.


With the arms and lower body completed in Part 6 and 7 respectively.



The entire body is now done. ^^


The shoulder joints can be bent forward for a limited degree.


Parts of the head.


Foil sticker is used as the mono-eye camera, with the line on top of the black part as a reference to where the sticker should be placed.


Testing out the mono-eye camera's movement.


Done for the head.


A look at the mono-eye camera's movement on the completed head.


The conductive pipe's base beneath the "mouth" should have been painted actually, to make it as part of the helmet/armor and not the pipe itself. ^^;



With the head assembled onto the main model.



All done for Zaku Warrior. ^^

Closeups on the details:












A bit of action pose from the completed model. ^^

Blaze Wizard form:




Gunner Wizard form:




Normally for other Gunplas, completion of the model at this point would mean that the entire thing is "really" done. ^^ For Zaku Warrior however, its bulk, large weapon packs but lack of line details made me want to enhance it using decals and stickers. Apart from the many unused or extra sheets I have from previous work, I did managed to get a custom decal sheet meant for 1/100 Impulse Gundam and the various variations of Zaku Warrior once, so everything I need is readily available. ^^

The idea is to add more details to Zaku Warrior, but the real motivation I suppose is to enjoy applying decals and clear stickers again. ^^ I used to apply all the markings on my Master Grade kits many years ago, but as they get smaller and more delicate in design, I stopped bothering myself trying to cut them out properly, ^^; so I just stopped using decals and stickers for most of my model kits since then. I think the interest resurfaced for Zaku Warrior because of its rather bland appearance. ^^;

In other words, this kit is the perfect excuse for me to go crazy about applying decals and stickers again XD


The model is dismantled first.


One of the spare sticker and decal packs I have. ^^;
Just this pack alone would have more than enough markings for Zaku Warrior, most definitely XD










Markings applied to almost everywhere on the kit. ^^

Too much fun with the markings I believe. ^^;

I enjoyed the work so much I didn't bother cutting away excessive blank areas on many of the clear stickers, which isn't going to look pretty on the model at all, ^^; but for this temporary burst of interest in decals and clear stickers after so many years, I think I can live with the flaws of the work. ^^

No comments: